Presentations By Firm Attorneys
- Lowell Denton: June 15, 2021 City of Schertz Police Training
History of the Police Robert Peel
Aguirre – Order on MSJ 2017 0519
Chicago Investigation Report
Cole v Carson [5th Cir 2015]
Cole v Carson [5th Cir En Banc 2019]
COS Louisville Hillard Heintze Report
Dkt 264 Memorandum & Opinion City’s MSJ 2020 0303
History of Police in the US_ How Policing Has Evolved Since the 1600s
School Policing – Bridging the Divide [Chicago]
School Policing – San Jose Student’s Guide to Police Practices
Sept 2020 CO Houston Mayor’s Task Force on Policing Reform Report
Urbana Hillard Heintze Report for the City of Urbana – 09-03-20
- Lowell Denton: February 5, 2021 – City of Schertz Presentation.
Topic: Policing Choices
What is 8 Can’t Wait? The policing reform agenda, explained
City of Houston Mayor’s Task Force on Policing Reform
Critical Response Technical Assessment Review
Police Accountability – Findings and National Implications of an Assessment of the San Diego Police Department
Investigation of the Cleveland Division of Police
Albuquerque Police Department – Findings Letter
A Student’s Guide to Police Practices
School Policing – Bridging the Divide
- Ric J. Navarro: January 29-31, 2020 – Presenter at TxPELRA (Texas Public Employer Labor Relations Association) & Annual Civil Service Workshop.
Topic: Civil Service Basics – Chapter 143, TLGC
- Lowell Denton: 1/29/2020 TxPELRA Annual Workshop Presentation
- Rebecca S. Hayward: August 23, 2019 – Presenter at Texas Municipal League Attorney Workshop
Topic: Basics of Section 101.106 of the Texas Tort Claims Act
- Charles E. Zech: 4/23/2018 An Analysis of Texas Home Rule Charters
- Ric J. Navarro and Rebecca S. Hayward: March 26 – 29, 2018 – Presenter at Texas Police Chief’s Association – Legal Advisor’s Division.
Topic: Texas Public Information Act Overview for Police Legal Advisors
- Ric J. Navarro: February 8-9, 2018 – Panelist at TxPELRA (Texas Public Employer Labor Relations Association) – TMHRA & 32nd Annual Civil Service Workshop.
Topic: Common Pitfalls Under Chapter 143, Texas Local Gov’t Code
- Ric J. Navarro: September 21, 2017 – Presenter at Texas Police Chief’s Association – Legal Advisor’s Division.
Topic: Handling Police Disciplinary Investigation Concurrently with Pending Criminal Investigations and/or Charges
- Lowell Denton: 6/24/2017 TCMA Conference Presentation Reference Article
- Rebecca S. Hayward: June 14, 2017 – Presenter at Texas City Attorney’s Association Annual Conference
Topic: Defending Emergency Exception Cases Under the Texas Tort Claims Act
- Ric Navarro: 05/03/2016 UT School of Law 23rd Annual Labor and Employment Law Conference
- Ric J. Navarro: March 22, 2016 – Presenter at Texas Police Chief’s Association – Legal Advisors Division.
Topic: Policing the Police – Legal Oversight of Internal Affairs Investigations
- Lowell Denton: 02/09/2016 TLEC Presentation