Helping City Governments Resolve Potential Issues
At Denton Navarro Rocha Bernal & Zech, P.C., we provide legal counsel to local government bodies on all issues relating to city operations, financing, liability and other matters of governance. Our law firm serves in a general counsel capacity as city attorney for several Texas cities, and we also provide special counsel services on specific issues.
On an as-needed or limited basis, we work closely with the city attorney or city manager when the situation benefits from our extensive knowledge of Texas law, including civil service law or our unique approach to negotiations. Within this capacity, we also train city officials on how to anticipate and handle problem areas in the future.
The Assistance We Provide To Municipalities
Our highly experienced lawyers provide legal advice on a wide range of issues facing municipalities, including matters such as:
- Developing processes and procedures in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act and the Texas Public Information Act or Open Records Act
- Zoning, annexation, and other land use and planning issues
- Policy design, implementation and review
- Government ethics compliance
- Establishing and maintaining civil service systems, including disciplinary issues
- Representation in municipal prosecution
In addition to having extensive trial experience, many of our lawyers have worked as employees of governmental entities, giving us profound insight into the day-to-day issues and challenges inherent in public entity service.
Economic Development Counsel
At Denton Navarro Rocha Bernal & Zech, P.C., we also have significant experience in economic development issues such as:
- Negotiating development bills between Texas cities and third-party developers
- Tax abatements and tax implementation boards
- Creating and representing statutorily created corporations, including types A and B, in municipal districts