- Partner/Shareholder, 2001
Patrick C. Bernal, a partner with Denton, Navarro, Rocha, Bernal & Zech, P.C. is a litigator in the areas of municipal and governmental law. Mr. Bernal served as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of San Antonio from 1983 to 1988, advising various City departments as general counsel and representing the City in litigation. Mr. Bernal continued litigating as a tax attorney for the law firm of Heard, Goggan, Blair and Williams from 1988 to 1991, dealing primarily with property tax suits on behalf of governmental entities.
Mr. Bernal has practiced civil trial law in the area of local government defense since joining the firm in 1991. He directs federal and state court litigation involving employment law, annexation, civil rights, torts, contracts, and personal and property damage relating to flood events, in both federal and state courts. Mr. Bernal also pursues appeals on behalf of governmental entities arguing before state and federal appellate courts.
Mr. Bernal received his J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law, his Master's Degree in Public Administration from the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, and his Bachelor of Arts from Texas A & M University, College Station.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Trial Law
- Texas, 1983
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 1983
- Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, Austin, Texas
- Master of Public Administration
- Texas A & M University, College Station, Texas
- B.A. - 1979
- Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool (TML-IRP)
- Housing Authority Risk Retention Group (HARRG)
- City of San Antonio
- City of Del Rio
- City of Laredo
- City of Eagle Pass
Past Employment Positions
- Denton, McKamie & Navarro, P.C., Associate Attorney, 1990 to 2000
- City of San Antonio, Texas, Assistant City Attorney, 1983 to 1990