Defending Public and Quasi-Public Government Entities in Texas
The attorneys of Denton Navarro Rocha Bernal Hyde & Zech, P.C., provide vigorous defense of lawsuits against public and quasi-public government entities, as well as individuals representing those agencies. Our South Texas law firm also provides general counsel and special counsel for a broad clientele of city commissions, county commissions, housing authorities and other governmental bodies.
With offices in San Antonio, Harlingen and Austin, we serve communities, counties and special districts from Waco, Corpus Christi, Galveston and Houston to Brownsville, Weslaco and the Rio Grande Valley.
Our lawyers provide a value-oriented approach to civil litigation that capitalizes on our knowledge of the legal system and a relationship of respect with most plaintiff attorneys. We treat every matter as unique and tailor a creative solution to the exact circumstances of each case.
Denton Navarro Rocha Bernal Hyde & Zech, P.C., has successfully represented clients against all types of labor and employment claims, civil rights claims and the Texas Tort Claims Act, including:
- Civil rights violations involving wrongful arrest, use of excessive force or other police officer misconduct
- Retaliation against "whistleblowers"
- Employment discrimination under Title VII and Chapter 21 of the Texas Labor Code (national origin, race, religion, sex or age )
- Sexual harassment or other workplace harassment
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) violations
- Wrongful terminations
- Violation of employees' First Amendment rights
- Violation of civil rights under Section 1983 of the RICO legislation
In addition to representing governmental bodies, we also defend individual council members, commissioners, public administrators and elected officials who represent government entities in Texas.