Ross Fischer is an attorney in the Austin office of Denton, Navarro, Rocha & Bernal. Ross has developed a reputation as an expert in the area of professional ethics. In 2005, the governor appointed Ross to the Texas Ethics Commission. He served on the Commission for five years, and was its Chairman from December 2008 to December 2009. The Texas Ethics Commission regulates political action committees, political campaigns, officeholders, and lobbyists in the State of Texas. The Commission investigates and adjudicates alleged statutory violations, promulgates rules, and issues advisory opinions interpreting relevant Texas law.
In his private practice, Ross has advised a number of clients – including municipalities & other political subdivisions, officeholders, candidates, public affairs firms, law firms and a financial institution - on ethics issues.
Ross has served as Assistant Chief Disciplinary Counsel for the State Bar of Texas, prosecuting grievances against attorneys across Texas. As an ethics prosecutor, he was responsible for handling alleged ethical violations, from investigation through trial.
Given his experience, he is a frequent lecturer on ethics issues, having taught legal ethics for the State Bar of Texas, the University of Texas Continuing Legal Education, the Texas City Attorneys Association, the Texas Municipal Courts Education Center, and the Texas District and County Attorneys Association.
Mr. Fischer is a graduate of the University Of Texas School Of Law and St. Edward’s University, both in Austin.
Areas of Practice
- Professional Ethics
- City Attorney/General Counsel
- Economic Development
- Ethics & Conflicts of Interest
- Ordinance Drafting
- Texas, 1998
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- JD - December, 1997
- St. Edward's University, Austin, Texas
- B.A. (Summa Cum Laude) - May, 1995
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Ethics Commission, Chair, 2005 - 2010
- Kendall County Women's Center, Past President & Board Member
- Texas Online Authority, Board Member, 2003 - 2005
- Texas City Attorneys Association
Past Employment Positions
- City of Seguin, City Attorney, 2006 - 2009
- State Bar of Texas, Office of Disciplinary Counsel, 2005 - 2006
- Kendall County Attorney, County Attorney, 2001 - 2004