E-mail MeRobert L. Drinkard
Robert L. Drinkard joined Denton, Navarro, Rocha, Bernal, Hyde & Zech, P.C. in 2002 after having served as Assistant City Attorney in the City of Houston Legal Department where his duties included civil trial and appellate representation for the City.
Currently, Mr. Drinkard's litigation involves labor and employment issues including Whistleblower Act, First Amendment, due process, FMLA, harassment and other violations under Title VII, ADEA, ADA and FLSA issues; and also involves tort and taking issues for municipalities and other governmental entities. He specializes in civil trial and appellate law in both state and federal courts.
Mr. Drinkard is active in the Hidalgo County Young Lawyers Association and is an avid University of Texas football fan.
Mr. Drinkard attended the University of Texas, Austin, where he received his BA in Government and his law degree.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Civil Trial - State & Federal
- Civil Appeals - State
- Texas, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2003
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- Juris Doctor - 1998
- University of Texas - Austin, Austin, Texas, USA
- B.A. - 1995
- Major: Government
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Hidalgo County Young Lawyers Assn
Past Employment Positions
- Willette & Guerra, L.L.P., Associate Attorney, 2001 - 2002
- City of Houston Legal Department, Assistant City Attorney, 1999 - 2001