Alan T. Ozuna
Alan T. Ozuna joined Denton, Navarro, Rocha & Bernal in 2003 after serving as Assistant City Attorney for the City of La Feria with the Law Office of Rene Correa. As Assistant City Attorney, Mr. Ozuna served as general counsel in annexation disputes, competing claims to extraterritorial jurisdiction, defense of injury claims, inverse condemnation claims, development of municipal annexation plan, prosecution of Class C misdemeanors, and creating corporate entities.
Currently, Mr. Ozuna's practice involves trial and appellate issues before federal and state courts and representation of cities in collective bargaining negotiations with fire and police unions. Mr. Ozuna served as one of the lead negotiators for the cities of Brownsville and Weslaco.
Mr. Ozuna is active in the Hidalgo County Bar Association as a Director on its Board of Directors and in the Cameron County Bar Association. Aside from his community participation, Mr. Ozuna enjoys gaming and fishing.
Mr. Ozuna attended the University of Texas, Austin, where he received his BA in English and attended St. Mary's University School of Law where he obtained his law degree.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Texas, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- Juris Doctor - 1997
- University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, USA
- B.A. - 1993
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Cameron County Bar Association
- Hidalgo County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Rene Correa, Associate Attorney, 1999 - 2003
- Jones, Galligan, Key & Lozano, L.L.P., Associate Attorney, 1998 - 1999
- Law Office of Albert Rodriguez, Law Clerk, 1996 - 1998